Latest insights from our experts

Posted 3 August 2016
by Kirsty McLennan

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms – When do they have to be fitted?

The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015 require that owners of parks in England fit smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in any mobile homes rented for residential occupation.

The Regulations don’t apply to homes occupied under the Mobile Homes Act 1983 or holiday letting fleets.  Owners of holiday letting fleets are however required by law to carry out risk assessments and if risks identified include carbon monoxide or fire risks then management of this risk would usually include fitting and regularly testing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

If you would like more advice on any issues covered in our blogs or are interested in subscribing to our Parklaw service, contact Park Teams by telephone on 01392 207020 or email


Want to know more?

Request a call back or ask us a question using our quick-contact form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01392 207020.

About the author

Kirsty McLennan

Associate and Solicitor

Associate in the commercial litigation team helping landlords, tenants and owners of residential and holiday parks resolve disputes