Latest insights from our experts

Posted 23 September 2016
by Ricky Noble

Change of Name

A Change of Name Deed is a formal document which evidences that you have changed your name and provides documentary evidence of the name by which you now wish to be known.You can have your name changed to any name you desire, as long as it is not intended to deceive or defraud another person.

If you are an adult and wish to change your own name, we can prepare a Change of Name Deed for you. You do not have to do this by deed poll, which can be a complex and costly process. A change of name deed will generally be accepted by most statutory authorities as evidence of your change of name.

Changing the Name of a Child

Anyone who has Parental Responsibility for a child, can change their child’s name by Change of Name Deed so long as the child is under 18 years of age (persons aged 18 years and over must apply for their own Change of Name Deed).

Before a Change of Name Deed for a Child is signed we need to obtain a Form of Consent, signed by those with Parental Responsibility confirming they consent to the child’s change of name.

We are pleased to offer a fixed price of £100 plus VAT for the preparation of a Change of Name Deed.




Want to know more?

Request a call back or ask us a question using our quick-contact form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01392 207020.

About the author

Ricky Noble


Paralegal within our family team