At Tozers we're for everyone and want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to supporting our teams, cultivating a healthy culture of challenge and expectation with support and care.
As a firm we recognise the importance of our colleagues health and mental wellbeing. We encourage socialising within the firm, providing regular events for all colleagues to meet up and relax, we sponsor and enable participation in many active sporting events, and via the provision of lockable storage and shower facilities we encourage commuting by physical means.
We are also take seriously our contribution in the office to colleagues wellbeing, and supporting all individuals to maintain their mental health. Tozers have signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health.
As an employer we recognise that:
- People who have mental health issues may have experienced discrimination in recruitment and selection procedures. This may discourage them from seeking employment.
- Whilst some people will acknowledge their experience of mental health issues in a frank and open way, others fear that stigma will jeopardise their chances of getting a job.
- Given appropriate support, the vast majority of people who have experienced mental ill health continue to work successfully as do many with ongoing issues.
As an employer we aim to:
- Show a positive and enabling attitude to employees and job applicants with mental health issues. This will include positive statements in local recruitment literature.
- Ensure that all staff involved in recruitment and selection are briefed on mental health issues and The Equality Act 2010, and given appropriate interview skills.
- Make it clear in any recruitment or occupational health check that people who have experienced mental health issues will not be discriminated against and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
- Not make assumptions that a person with a mental health issue will be more vulnerable to workplace stress or take more time off than any other employee or job applicant.
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to individual staff who experience mental health issues.
- Ensure all line managers have information and training about managing mental health in the workplace.
For more information, visit the Mindful Employer website.