Latest insights from our experts

Posted 10 July 2015

Are you licensed to entertain?

Where park owners provide regulated entertainment such as publically playing recorded or live music, they must comply with the provisions of the Licensing Act 2003 by obtaining the appropriate licences.

In certain circumstances a park owner may be able to provide regulated entertainment without being required to obtain a licence first. These exemptions have recently been expanded by the Legislative Reform (Entertainment Licensing) Order 2014 which came into force on 6 April 2015. Park owners will now be able to play live or recorded music between the hours of 8am and 11pm to audiences of no more than 500 in alcohol licensed premises without an entertainment licence.

It is important that park owners know whether or not they require a licence for any regulated entertainment they provide as a failure to obtain one, where needed, is an offence.

If you have any queries regarding the licensing of entertainment activities or if you are interested in subscribing to our Parklaw service contact the parks team by telephone on 01392 207020 or email

Want to know more?

Request a call back or ask us a question using our quick-contact form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01392 207020.

About the author