Latest insights from our experts
Are you ready for 1 October 2015?
1 October 2015 is a key date for park owners of both holiday and residential parks. It marks the day that various pieces of legislation and/or associated regulations will come into force and which will affect the parks industry to some extent.
In particular the 1 October 2015 marks:
- The implementation of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which reforms and consolidates consumer law regarding the sale of goods and services into one piece of legislation.
- The implementation of the Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015 which will require park owners to install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in any mobile homes they own and rent out for residential occupation.
- The increase of the National Minimum Wage.
- The increase of the minimum amount of debt required to petition for a debtor’s bankruptcy. The minimum debt currently stands at £750 but will rise to £5,000 from 1 October 2015.
- The day any Welsh residential park’s current rules will cease to exist if they have not completed the park rules consultation process.
All park owners will be affected by one if not all of these changes and it is important you understand your new obligations before 1 October 2015.
If you have any questions regarding these new pieces of legislation or if you are interested in subscribing to our Parklaw service contact the parks team by telephone on 01392 207020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org