Latest insights from our experts

Posted 1 March 2013
by Paul Kelly

Beware the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning

An elderly couple and their daughter died last weekend in Cornwall as a result of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. The tragedy followed the death of a 14 year old girl last year who, after bringing a barbecue into her tent to try and keep warm, died from the fumes.Their deaths are a stark reminder of the dangers of using portable heaters and barbecues in caravans or tents.

With summer approaching, holiday park owners are advised to draw the attention of customers to the dangers of using gas, charcoal or fuel-burning appliances within their tent, awning, caravan or motorhome and to the benefits of having a working carbon monoxide detector. This might be done by appropriate notices on site or by introducing a new park rule. Park owners should also keep an eye open for customers who fail to follow this advice.

If you have any questions relating to your obligations as park owner, please contact the parks team for more information on 01392 207020 or email parks@tozers.co.uk

Want to know more?

Request a call back or ask us a question using our quick-contact form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01392 207020.

About the author

Paul Kelly

Partner

Paul is the managing partner of the firm