News & Events
Charity Law Seminar 21 April 2016
Our next FREE Charity Law Seminar starts at 9am on Thursday 21 April 2016 at the RAMM, Queen Street, Exeter EX4 3RX. Bookings for the seminar will be taken by Samantha Grundy (email@example.com) on a first served basis so email her now to avoid disappointment.
9am Coffee & Registration
9:30am Introduction and a series of presentations.
A look at topical governance issues including:
- who controls your charity
- the need for reserves
- what the Charity Commission is up to
- use of trading companies
- – in fact anything but the Kids Company!
Reputational Risk including:
- knowing what is being done in ‘your’ name
- public perception and your image
Managing relationships with employees & volunteers
- initial contracts
- telling the difference between employees and volunteers
- what to do when it all goes wrong
- information disclosure requirements
- privacy, data protection and cookies
- protecting your intellectual property
- selling online
Followed by a Q & A session and a special presentation by Mags Naylor of ELF – Tozers’ Charity of the Year.
We would be pleased if you would join us for lunch and an opportunity to meet new people following the presentations at 1pm.