Latest insights from our experts
Posted 16 May 2014
Consumer contracts (information, cancellation and additional charges) regulations 2013
From the 13 June 2014 the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and Off-premises (Doorstep) Regulations 2008 will be revoked and replaced by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“the Regulations”).
The Regulations apply to all park owners who sell goods, services or digital content to consumers.
The Regulations provide:
- Park owners to supply consumers with specific information before and after the sale;
- Consumers will have an entitlement to cancel a distance or off-premises contract within 14 days;
- Park owners must deliver goods which are the subject of the contract within 30 days, unless the consumer agrees otherwise;
- Consumers will not be liable for any costs that they had not been informed of before entering the contract; and
- Park owners offering telephone helplines to consumers cannot use a telephone number which charges a premium rate.
If you have any questions relating to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 then contact the parks team on telephone 01392 207020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org