Latest insights from our experts
Croydon father left in A&E loses leg to flesh eating bug wins £1m
A Croydon man went into septic shock after he left hospital thinking he needed no further treatment, having been lost in the NHS system following a 6 hour wait in A&E.
His case illustrates how quickly septic shock can cause damage. He was lucky to have survived a delay in diagnosis of necrotising fasciitis, also known as the flesh eating bug and despite emergency surgery, he lost his left leg, right toes and right fingers and thumb. He was awarded compensation following a High Court trial.
At Tozers Solicitors LLP we act for clients as solicitors in Exeter, Devon, the South West and nationally.
Should you or a family member wish to discuss a potential claim, please call our specialist team for a free and confidential consultation.