Latest insights from our experts

Posted 9 March 2017
by Melanie Burton

Express yourself

Parks energy bills

Parks which own vacant units which are independently metered should be wary of unexpected energy bills. Unless they contact the supplier to agree express contract terms, charges may be applied. Common sense measures should also be taken, including meter readings at either end of the unoccupied period – and ensuring that any appliances are switched off!

Further guidance on how to avoid incurring excessive charges can be found here.

If you have any queries or if you are interested in subscribing to our Parklaw service, contact the Parks Team by telephone: 01392 207020 or email

Want to know more?

Request a call back or ask us a question using our quick-contact form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01392 207020.

About the author

Melanie Burton

Partner & Chartered Legal Executive

A partner and Chartered Legal Executive within the holiday and residential parks team providing a wide range of advice to park owners