Covid-19 Update: We are continuing to provide our usual services whilst maintaining the safety of clients and colleagues. Read our latest update here.

Complete the form below to ask us a question or make an enquiry. We’ll get back to you via phone or email as soon as possible.


Changes to air quality regulations for domestic wood burners

Posted on 08th December 2020 in Parks

Posted by

Kirsty McLennan

Associate and Solicitor
Changes to air quality regulations for domestic wood burners

This week, on the 7th October, new clean air regulations came into force on the domestic burning of solid wood and fuels in England.

The Air Quality (Domestic Solid Fuels Standards) (England) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/1095) will introduce new measures for cleaner burning of domestic solid wood and other fuels to improve air quality in England. These measures will largely come into force on 1st May 2021 and will apply to all wood burners and stoves used in a domestic setting. The regulations will be staggered to enable current stocks to be utilised and will be enforced by local authorities who will be provided with enforcement powers to ensure compliance, with the ability to issue fixed penalties of £300 for non-compliance.

Park operators should be mindful of these changes as they will likely affect holiday lodges and residential parks which have lodges homes with wood burning stoves installed.

For further help or support please contact our specialist Parks team who will be happy to provide bespoke advice and guidance.

Contact our legal experts



Paper plane


Get the latest news straight from our legal experts.

Subscribe to our newsletter to recieve current, dedicated, suppport and guidance from our solicitors straight to your inbox, wherever you are.

Company & Industry

Related Insights


What to do when a loved one has lost the mental capacity to deal with their own affairs

Posted on 15th October 2021 in Safeguarding Vulnerable Clients

When a person loses mental capacity, they cannot usually put a Power of Attorney in place. Instead, in order to appoint someone to make decisions for them, an application needs to be made to the Court of Protection to appoint a deputy.

Posted by

Emma Ruttley


Is a glamping pod or shepherd’s hut a building?

Posted on 15th October 2021 in Planning and Licensing

In a recent decision issued by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) it was confirmed that a shepherd's hut and a glamping pod met the definition of ‘caravan’.

Posted by

Amy Cater

Partner and Solicitor