Buying your home is probably the most expensive investment that you will ever make so it pays to get the right advice. As one of the oldest and largest firms in the South West, we aim to provide you with a swift and expert service at a competitive price.
The steps involved when buying your home:
1. Think about your budget
Decide how much you can afford to spend. If a mortgage is required, you will need to get some advice from your preferred lender/broker who will tell you how much you can borrow.
You will also need to budget for additional costs such as legal fees, Stamp Duty, council tax and utilities.
2. Find your ‘ideal home’
You will need to pay the home builders a reservation fee, which will reserve your plot for 28 days. Typically, you will exchange contracts within this time.
3. Instruct Tozers
- We offer a very competitive price for a freehold / leasehold purchase
- We have years of experience dealing with the issues that arise on a house purchase, particularly in relation to new build properties
- We also have experience in acting on related sale or part-exchange properties meaning you have continuity with the same person dealing with your file
- We can deal with Help to Buy and Help to Buy ISAs
- We are on the mortgage panels of all the major lenders
4. Apply for the mortgage
Make an appointment with your chosen lender
5. Property valuation
Although you are purchasing a new build, your lender will still want to confirm the value.
Your survey will also be carried out at this stage.
Tozers carry out any searches required and make enquiries about the property which you are purchasing.
7. Exchange of contracts
As soon as all legal work is complete, and we have received the results from our local searches, we will exchange contracts. You will pay your deposit at this stage and will then be given a completion date so that you can organise your move.
Once contracts are exchanged, it will be your responsibility to arrange home insurance.
Completion is the final step and you will become the legal owners. You will be able to collect your keys from the site office and move in to your new home.
If you would like to speak with one of our new build property team specialists, please contact us on 01392 207020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.