Meet our experts
Find a lawyer
Find a lawyer
Associate within commercial litigation
Associate and Solicitor
Dan is an associate solicitor working in the dispute resolution and intellectual property and IT teams. Dan specialises in advising businesses in commercial disputes.
“I enjoy providing a service that is focused on my clients’ commercial objectives, delivered in a friendly, approachable way.”
Areas of special interest:
• Identifying and protecting intellectual property, including registering trade marks and designs.
• Acting on behalf of clients bringing or defending claims relating to breach of commercial contracts and infringement of intellectual property rights.
• Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts which include IT and intellectual property considerations.
Dan’s other main areas of interest are disputes concerning banking and finance. He acts on behalf of businesses in disputes concerning complex financial products including:
• Loan agreements
• Derivatives (including interest rate hedging)
• Credit broking
• Foreign exchange transactions.
With his litigator’s experience of finance matters he is also well placed to advise on the negotiation of loan agreements and associated documents during acquisitions or refinance.
Dan qualified as a solicitor in 2015.
A branding challenge toppled the golden arches when a small Irish fast food company, Supermac, managed to block McDonald’s from trademarking the terms Big Mac and Mc throughout Europe. The European Union Intellectual Property Office ruled that McDonald’s had not…