A Commercial Litigation Partner and experienced Court and Tribunal Advocate, Jill specialises in resolving disputes and is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
“I believe that disputes should be resolved as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. Our legal system is too expensive to use just to prove a point (and life is too short!) so I will always ensure that my charges are proportionate to the sums at stake and ability to pay. I can help you settle on the best terms negotiable. But if you do have to take your case to court, I will absolutely fight your corner and support you every step of the way.”
- Obtaining a landmark ruling for a limited company in a claim against Barclays for mis-selling a complex hedge fund derivative product (these arrangements are also known as “SWAPs”, “interest rate hedging products” or “IRHP’s”)
- Success for a holiday park owner, firstly in the Lower Tier Property Tribunal and then again on appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) about whether holiday lodges were so annexed to the land by being “landscaped in” that they had become part of the realty
- Defending a group action against a holiday park owner based on misrepresentation about holiday use
- Substantial settlement against a commercial landlord who unreasonably refused to consent to the assignment of a lease
- Injunction claim against an outgoing recruitment agency employee for breach of restrictive covenants and mis-use of confidential information
- Setting aside an erroneous court order which wrongfully purported to dispose of trust assets
Areas of special legal interest are
- Land disputes. These come in many forms– disputes over boundaries and right of way, often with major commercial significance
- Branding and Internet Law. Jill heads a small team of IP Lawyers who advise on brand protection including registration of Trade Marks and the law relating to the internet and data protection. The team offers a FREE Website Legal Audit and FREE Trade Mark Assessment. Clients frequently seek guidance on the ownership and protection of their website and promotional materials and their online selling and booking terms. With the General Data Protection Regulation in force from 2018 the team is offering a free GDPR audit and a comprehensive advice and implementation package. Just click on the links for details.
- Equine Law. A keen horsewoman and owner of five horses (you can never have too many!) and a successful competitor on the BD and BS show jumping circuits for too many years to recall, she has many clients with equine connections and very considerable experience of resolving horse related disputes often involving property and planning issues. She has for several years been the author of a regular column for Exmoor magazine under the by-line Lawhorse.
- Jill advises the firm’s residential and mobile homes parks clients on substantial matters and is a regular contributor to the BH&HPA’s journal and speaker at their regional and national conferences.
We were delighted with the outstanding service from start to finish. Tozers prepared our case with a level of thoroughness, hard to compete with.
They are most professional and harmonious range of advisers we have had the pleasure of working with.”
Dr Martyn Fowler, John Fowler Holidays Ltd