Caravan Site Licensing

Caravan Site Licensing

Static caravans overlook the sea. Mobile home and holiday parks

In order to operate a holiday or residential caravan park you must have planning permission and a site licence.

The site licence will be issued by the Environmental Health department of your local Council. The site licence will contain conditions about the number of caravans permitted on the site, the layout and spacing requirements and other matters which are designed to protect the users of the park.

For residential parks if you breach your licence conditions the Council can serve you with a Compliance Notice. Failure to comply with that can lead to a prosecution.

On holiday parks the Council can prosecute immediately without serving a compliance notice first. It is therefore important to seek early legal advice if you are facing problems with your local Council’s environmental health department.  Sometimes the Council will seek to change the conditions on your licence and they must consult with you before doing so to give you the opportunity to suggest changes and agree new conditions. If the Council fail to consult with you or you do not agree to the conditions they impose you can appeal to the Tribunal to have the conditions changed.

Our specialist team can advise you on the lawfulness or reasonableness of your conditions and will liaise with the Council to try to agree changes. We can represent you at an appeal to the Tribunal and will keep you fully aware of the likely costs and procedure from the start.

What clients say

I found your service 1st class from the very beginning. Very friendly, understanding and very businesslike.


Want to know more?

Request a call back or ask us a question using our quick-contact form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01392 207020.

Read our FREE Guides

Download now