Simon is a solicitor who advises on a broad range of planning, highways, and local authority matters within the firm’s award-winning Parks team. Simon has acted for public and private sector clients including major property companies, developers, house builders, retailers, and utility companies.
He can help with all aspects of planning law from preparation of planning applications and environmental impact assessments through to advocacy in planning appeals. Simon advises on a broad range of matters including:
- planning and site licensing for caravan parks
- highway licences and orders
- the community infrastructure levy (CIL)
- assets of community value (ACV’s)
- business rates
- the use of Section 203 Housing and Planning Act 2016 (formerly Section 237 Town and Country Planning Act 1990).
Simon has over 30 years’ experience, qualifying in 1983 and working in several City of London law firms before joining Tozers. He also has a diploma in local government law: Dip.L.G.