We can advise and assist you with all aspects of a construction dispute.
We have experience of dealing with disputes arising from construction contracts from minor works to those exceeding £5million. We act for both contractors and contract principles and have advised on all aspects from defects in design or construction to negligence of surveyors and other professionals.
A construction dispute can be complicated and often timescales are tight. Problems require early and robust advice. A Pre-Action Protocol for construction disputes aims to get all parties talking at an early stage recognising that costs of these disputes can escalate quickly. We will work with you to understand your goals and guide you through the process.
Recent examples of our work include:
- advising a contractor on a £45,000 JCT residential dispute to a successful mediation
- settling a design defects claim on a £1m construction contract for a care home
- advising a contract principal on a £5.6m commercial construction contract dispute
- advising a contract principal on a £500,000+ social housing project dispute
- assisting a client on defects in installation of Solar PV Panel system
We advise on
- Letters of Claim and Responses
- County Court and High Court Claims
- Mediation and ADR