As social housing solicitors, we have over twenty-five years' experience in the sector, giving us an in-depth understanding of the issues you face as a registered provider.
We work collaboratively with you and your partners to deliver successful affordable housing schemes within your required timescales.
Affordable housing is a key part of our housing system - and the call for this is only going to grow in the future. We help you to navigate what can be a complex legal framework, ensuring your projects progress as smoothly as possible.
Social housing solicitors who stand out
We are proud of the reputation we have built over the years for providing:
- A bespoke service, tailored to your needs - Every client is different. We make sure we understand your priorities, helping you to achieve your desired outcome and maximise your commercial opportunities.
- Innovative and practical legal solutions - We supply clear and pragmatic answers for even the most complicated of matters.
- A strong working relationship - Providing a personal service is important to us and our clients praise us for being open and approachable.
- Specialist knowledge - We have a high calibre team of experienced lawyers who truly specialise in affordable housing, most of whom are either partners or at a senior level with many years’ experience.
- Transparent fees - We are competitive on price and offer flexible fee options, alongside fixed fees for ongoing support with our Housing Advisory Service.
Joined-up legal advice for registered providers
Our social housing solicitors advise clients across the UK, from large regional providers to small rural schemes. We deal with all aspects of social housing law, including:
- Buying and developing sites (s.106 schemes and land led) – including site acquisition, joint ventures and site set up
- Property transactions – including right to buy, shared ownership leases, Help to Buy and leasehold enfranchisement
- Financing and secured lending – including portfolio financing, mergers and stock rationalisation
- Housing management – including anti-social behaviour, disrepair, tenancy arrears and repossession
We also draw on the expertise of teams across the firm to provide specialist advice on a whole host of areas including employment law, planning and construction and property litigation, as well as charity law and governance, and data protection.
Find the full list of areas we can help you with on the right.
A nationally-recognised team
Our social housing solicitors are recognised in both Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 as a leading firm in the South West, known for the range of work we do with registered providers throughout the UK. The Legal 500 also names our head of team, Stephen Burtchaell, as a leading individual for 'specialising in complex registered provider property work'.
This is reflected in the feedback we receive from our clients. We develop long-term partnerships, with many clients returning to us for additional projects and ongoing support.
Find out more
To learn more about our services for registered providers, please contact us to speak to one of our experienced social housing solicitors. Alternatively, you can complete our contact form or call us directly.