As a firm we’ve got over 200 years’ experience in dealing with these types of situations so you can trust us as your legal partners to guide you through the process.
Making a Will
We all know that planning ahead in life normally has benefits – this is certainly the case when putting together your Will. Most of us put it off, but it’s actually one of the simplest steps that you can take to make sure that your family is provided for when you’re no longer around. We’ll be able to help minimise the Inheritance Tax that may be due on your estate so that as much as possible is protected for your family after you’ve gone.
We can help after the loss of a loved one
On the other side of things, we can help you following the loss of a loved one. Whether or not a person has left a valid Will, their estate will need to be administered according to the law and certain steps taken to make sure that their affairs are finalised and their assets distributed in the right way. Whatever your situation is, we can help and we’ll do our best to make sure that we take as much of the burden from you as we can at what is already a difficult and stressful time.
How we can help you
We can guide you through:
- Preparing a Will - from straightforward arrangements to more complex situations
- Succession planning for individuals, business-owners and farmers
- Administration of simple and complex estates
- Guidance on the administration of estates
- Inheritance Tax relief and exemptions for business owners, farmers and heritage property owners
- Administration of UK estates with assets located abroad
- Post-death rearrangements, including the use of deeds of variation to minimise the Inheritance Tax payable
For details on costs/charges for the collection and distribution of money, property and other assets belonging to a person following their death, where these are within the UK and the matters are not contested, please click here.