It can be tricky to see past your current circumstances, but it’s definitely worth having these conversations while you can.
You may be thinking about putting powers in place to allow others to step into your shoes, either for your finances, health decisions or specifically to run your business. Equally, you might be looking to protect your family’s assets from being used to fund nursing or care home fees, or Inheritance Tax, and allow them to pass to your children or grandchildren instead.
Let us help you
Whatever you need, we can help to guide you through the options that you have in your personal situation, suiting your current circumstances but also your long-term goals. There may be lots of things that can be done, to protect yourself and your family as far as possible. We’d be really happy to help you to put these into place.
We have both breadth and depth in our range of experience and can offer you practical advice to meet your goals.
What we advise on
We can help you with:
- succession planning for individuals, business-owners and farmers
- Inheritance Tax relief and exemptions for business-owners, farmers and heritage property owners
- creating and administering trusts established in lifetime or by Will
- creating and administering Personal Injury trusts following medical negligence claims
- acting as the attorney or Deputy of individuals without mental capacity and looking after their financial affairs
- preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- assisting with the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- applications to the Court of Protection in relation to Deputyships
- applications to the Court of Protection for a statutory Will, where a person is not mentally capable of making a Will themselves.