Covid-19 Update: We are continuing to provide our usual services whilst maintaining the safety of clients and colleagues. Read our latest update here.

Complete the form below to ask us a question or make an enquiry. We’ll get back to you via phone or email as soon as possible.

Commercial Services

Commercial Planning and Licensing

Comm Planning and Licensing

There are two broad types of “development” that are subject to planning control. The first is “operational development” which essentially means building or engineering operations. The second is the material change of use of land or buildings.

The planning system is policy led and Local Planning Authorities are required to make decisions in accordance with their adopted policies and any other material considerations that might be applicable. Failure to do so can result in a successful challenge to any decision.

Some forms of development benefit from blanket planning permission and do not require specific applications for planning permission to be made, but in other cases a formal application will need to be made to the local planning authority. Where an application is initially unsuccessful we can take it to appeal where we have an excellent track record.

Our experienced licensing team deals with liquor, public entertainment and gaming machines licensing for a wide range of clients both locally and nationally. With our particular experience in the leisure industry these include cafes, pubs, clubs, hotels, holiday parks and attractions.

We will represent you at court and other licensing committees as well as keeping you up to date with changes in the law. 

Please click here to view our Licensing Price and Stage Information.

Get legal advice and support

Contact our legal experts

Enquire now