Planning covers any transaction involving land or buildings, but the system governing them can often be difficult to navigate. Expert guidance can make all the difference in establishing the best outcome and can drastically affect your site's value and viability.
We can provide you with the best advice tailored directly to your planning applications, leading you through the planning maze and help you find the right solution for your business.
Our commercial planning advice
We act for developers, landowners, local authorities, housing associations and investors, with our understanding of the planning system giving us an advantage in how to obtain the best result for you and your business. We provide bespoke planning advice throughout the process, including:
- Negotiation of planning applications
- The lawful use of properties and land
- Expert evidence at planning inquiries, informal hearings and written representations.
- Advice regarding conservation area issues and listed buildings.
- Negotiating your section 106 planning obligation agreements
- Prepare your appeals and legal challenges
- Advice on the community infrastructure levy
Planning advice during Coronavirus
If councils are not holding public meetings how will my planning application be determined? - Meetings are still often held on Zoom with live streaming on Youtube. Planning applications will also continue to be determined under delegated powers by officers, usually the Head of the Planning department, in accordance with the Council’s constitution.
- Is my planning appeal going to be determined? - Planning appeals continue to be determined throughout the pandemic and the Planning Inspectorate are carrying out site visits where it is possible to ensure social distancing. Planning appeals that are being determined at hearings or public inquiries continue to take place remotely.
Planning law specialists with a commercial focus
Having spent time within planning departments in the public sector, we have a comprehensive knowledge of the planning system and local government administrative law – with the ability to view this from all perspectives.
We work collaboratively with colleagues across the firm, drawing on the expertise from our parks, countryside matters, and company and commercial teams. This enables us to provide specialist, commercially focused advice, tailored to your specific needs.
From planning issues to licensing applications, we ensure there are no barriers to your business activities, helping you to get the details right so that you can proceed with confidence.