In response to the increasing challenge of Coronavirus and in light of rapidly evolving advice, Tozers has taken steps to ensure that we continue to provide you with our usual client service whilst also maintaining the safety of our clients and colleagues. Please see our full update here.

Complete the form below to ask us a question or make an enquiry. We’ll get back to you via phone or email as soon as possible.

Dispute Resolution

Deputies and Attorneys


Disputes can arise when someone considers a decision has not been taken in the best interest of the person or where there is some doubt as to whether the person has capacity.

How we can help

We act for Deputies, Attorneys defending challenges and those who are considering a challenge to the appointment. Where necessary we can assist you with applications to the Court of Protection and can guide you through the Court of Protection process generally.

Our experience

We have many years’ experience of working in this area so you can trust that we are experts.
Some recent examples of work include:

  • acting in the Court of Protection for the adult children of a Donor in a dispute about a deputyship application by another family member
  • advising a Donor on mental capacity and decisions being made around their health and welfare for them
  • advising Donors creating Lasting Powers of Attorney on potential challenges which may be made once the LPAs are registered
  • applying in the Court of Protection to remove a Deputy appointed by an LPA

Our costs

We are always happy to have an initial conversation with you for free and will discuss the ongoing funding options with you.

In many cases, the estate of the person who the matter relates to may have to pay some or all of the costs of the process. However, it’s also important to understand that every Court has the discretion to make a costs order against another party if it feels it appropriate to do so.

More information about Deputies generally can be found here and information on Attorneys can be found here.

Get in touch

Ready to talk?

Contact us