We understand how devastating a diagnosis of cancer can be, not only for you, but also for your family. You will be worried about what the future holds for you and your family, particularly if you feel that the cancer could have been picked up sooner.
Delay in cancer diagnosis
Although many cancers are now treatable, early detection is key to a successful outcome. So if there has been a delay in the diagnosis of the cancer, or if you feel that you have lost a family member because of a delay in their diagnosis, then we may be able to help you.
We’ll carefully look into what happened and work out if an earlier diagnosis could or should have been made, what difference this would have made for you or your loved one. We know that this can be a particularly painful process to go through.
Problems linked to cancer treatment
Some common problems relating to cancer treatment that you may have faced include:
- GPs not arranging more investigations or referrals
- When scans or biopsies aren’t reported properly
- Not examining patients correctly and identifying problems.
If we can prove that earlier diagnosis would have made a difference to the treatment then we can work to help you recover compensation which will help secure you, and your families’ future.
Cancer misdiagnosis compensation
We’ll work out how much compensation you should get individually but it is often calculated to reflect:
- The pain and suffering experienced because of additional treatment
- Past and future care costs
- Lost earnings
If the prognosis is terminal because of a delay in diagnosis then we can secure you/your family’s future by recovering compensation to cover:
- The value of the support that would have been provided to you/your partner or your children
- The value of the financial support that you would have been provided to you/your partner or your children in the future
- Funeral costs
- Medical expenses
Find out how we can help you
We're ready to help you make your medical negligence compensation claim today. Contact our specialist solicitors for a free initial chat about your situation and find out how you can get started. Use our online enquiry form or call us at 01392 207 020.