Divorce and Separation Solicitors in Devon
"From the very start of my need for your services I have felt very supported, listened to and understood. I am 100% sure that the process was made a whole lot easier because of those factors." Johanna
Sympathetic and practical legal advice to help you move on from the end of your marriage.
Dealing with the breakdown of a marriage can bring many mixed emotions and questions. With offices in Exeter, Newton Abbot and Teignmouth, our experienced solicitors are here to help you navigate the process one step at a time.
We know that everybody’s situation is different. Whether you need to resolve financial issues or make arrangements for your children, we promise to listen to what is important to you and find the right legal solution to help you achieve this.
Why choose Tozers divorce solicitors?
Our friendly and approachable team will:
- Talk to you about your situation in a free initial meeting - This gives you a chance to ask questions about the process and likely costs, including options for payment. We look at who from our team is best suited to work with you and discuss next steps, so you have all the information you need.
- Support you through the process, with clear and practical advice - We explain everything carefully in plain English so you know exactly what to expect at each stage, keeping you fully informed throughout.
- Find the best solution as your trusted legal partner - We explore your options so you can feel confident we’re taking the right course of action, whether this involves collaborative law, mediation or more traditional approaches. As experienced advocates, you can rest assured we’ll fight your corner if your case does need to go to court.
Our divorce solicitors are recognised as experts in their field: we’re members of Resolution, the professional body for family lawyers, and legal directory Chambers & Partners highlights our “strong matrimonial team” and experience in dealing with “complicated financial remedy cases”.
We know that you are coming to us during what is often an emotional and stressful time. Our priority is to help you make the right decisions for you and your family so you can secure your future and move on in a positive way.
What areas do our divorce solicitors cover?
Our experienced team can advise you on:
- Divorce - We talk you through the options for divorce proceedings and what this means in practical terms, including how long this will take, the costs involved, and what this will cover, such as dividing your assets and agreements relating to children.
- Separation - You may not be ready to divorce but a Separation Agreement can help make sure you’re both on the same page, with a legally-binding contract covering specific arrangements.
- Financial matters - We negotiate a fair and reasonable division of assets with your best interests at heart. If you're involved in a financial dispute with your ex-partner, we help you to resolve this via court proceedings or alternatives to court, such as mediation.
- Issues with children - When a relationship breaks down, discussions have to happen about where your children will live and how often the other parent will see them. We know this can be a very difficult situation for everyone and work with you to find the best way forward for you and your children.
Find out how we can help you
Whatever your situation, the first step is to contact us for a chat. Our divorce solicitors offer a free first meeting – call us at one of our offices or complete our interactive online form below.
SOLICITOR and head
ASSOCIATE AND CHARTERED LEGAL EXECUTIVE
Get started with our easy online form
This allows you to get started straightaway, wherever you are. It asks some simple questions to help build your online enquiry and provides useful information, personalised to your responses. It also helps save time at your first meeting.
Your information is not sent to the family team at Tozers until you give permission for this. Once you agree to send the form, we will be in touch to arrange your free first meeting where you can discuss your options and next steps.