Since the abolition of Employment Tribunal fees in July 2017, the Employment Tribunal is more accessible by employees than ever. This means that employers are often susceptible to Tribunal claims.
We can help you minimise the risk of a claim by an employee.
- Always check the employment contract and company policies before taking any action to ensure you are acting in accordance with them.
- Dismissal or disciplinary action should not be a decision taken lightly; other measures should be considered first such as occupational health, performance management or an informal conversation. Quite often there are underlying reasons for absences and under-performance and so these should be explored with the employee to eliminate any valid reasons for a fall in standards.
- Ensure that any processes you follow (i.e. grievances and disciplinary) adhere to your own policies and those of which an Employment Tribunal will consider, particularly the ACAS Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Keep up to date with employment law changes, particularly regular updates such as the national minimum wage and statutory sick pay. We provide employment law updates for all of our EASY clients – please contact our team of employment law experts to find out more.
- If you are not sure, ask. We advise employers and HR professionals on all aspects of employment law. We can assist you with managing difficult employment issues in a way which will minimise the risk of a Tribunal claim.
Why choose Tozers?
We work with you to understand your needs and desired goals in a cost-effective manner.
We deliver results.
Our team has a wealth of knowledge in employment law and regularly speak at seminars and conferences as well as conducting training on topical issues.