We advise on data protection, freedom of information, confidentiality and privacy.
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications (PECR) impose the greatest changes in data protection law for 20 years. We can help ensure sure your organisation will comply.
There are likely to be key areas which if tackled first will greatly reduce the risk. Our approach is based on assessing the greatest risks and targeting those by providing you with the documentation required to demonstrate compliance.
We defend organisations facing claims from individuals and investigations by the Information Commissioner’s Office. As a result we understand how to deal with the contentious aspects of data protection.
We advise on
- Data processing and data sharing agreements
- Data audit
- Data protection training
- Implementing data governance programmes
- Drafting data protection policies and privacy notices
- Direct marketing consent requirements
- Subject access requests
- Preventing and managing data breach
- Responding to the regulator
Our GDPR experience includes:
- auditing and advising a professional institution on GDPR compliance
- advising online retailers on the changes required to their websites and behavioural marketing
- providing documentation for charities on how to treat donors and supporters’ data
- implementing website terms, booking processes and sales training to leisure and tourism businesses to ensure their data capture is compliant
- advising housing associations and registered providers on the implementation of privacy by design measures.
Why choose Tozers?
We work with you to understand your needs and desired goals in a cost-effective manner.
We deliver results.
Our team has a wealth of knowledge in employment law and regularly speak at seminars and conferences as well as conducting training on topical issues.