Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult and traumatic experiences that anyone can go through.
If you have lost a family member or someone close to you whilst they were having medical treatment and you fear that appropriate steps were not taken to avoid their death, then we may be able to help you bring a claim for compensation.
What is a fatal accident claim?
Fatal accident claims can cover a wide range of medical treatments, but common problems where we have helped clients include:
- deaths after surgery
- deaths because of a delay in cancer diagnosis
- deaths because of failures to monitor and recognise deterioration in a patient’s medical condition
- deaths of new born babies in or straight after childbirth
- deaths by suicide of psychiatric patients following inadequate assessment or treatment
Whilst we understand that no amount of compensation can bring back a family member or loved one we can help with the financial difficulties the loss of a family member can bring, and hopefully help you to secure your/your family’s future.
What is compensation for?
We work out how much compensation you should get individually but common costs/losses include:
- An amount to reflect the pain and suffering your loved one experienced before they died
- Funeral Costs
- Medical Expenses
- The value of the lost support that your loved one may have provided to you or your children.
- Financial losses and benefits – for example, the loss of access to your loved one’s income or pension
We know that it is extremely painful to be dealing with the death of a loved one. If you believe that their death may be have been caused by medical negligence, we are here to help and support you.