Sophie joined Tozers in March 2021 as a Legal Secretary in our Exeter Family team and in March 2022 was promoted to paralegal.
Her role involves:
- Preparing letters to clients and other Solicitors
- Assisting with drafting court documents
- Filing applications at Court
- Preparing hearing bundles
- Attending Court hearings to assist the client and Counsel
- Being the main point of contact for clients
- Providing advice to clients where required, answering any queries and keeping them updated on the progress of their case.
She enjoys being able to assist the members of the family team to make sure everything is done accurately and in a timely manner, to ensure all client expectations are met and they achieve the result they desire.
Sophie has previous experience of working in the Family team in the Plymouth Combined Court working alongside Judges of all levels. She is able to apply this knowledge and experience when assisting clients and explaining the Court process and applications required.
She graduated from the University of Northumbria at Newcastle being awarded a Masters in Law degree with First Class Honours.
Outside of work Sophie enjoys keeping fit by attending the gym regularly and going for sea swims.