A clinical negligence solicitor and Partner, Endurance co-heads and manages Tozers’ Medical Negligence Team. Working with claimants who have suffered life changing injuries as a result of substandard care by GPs, hospitals and private practitioners. Her primary aim is to help those affected to bring a successful claim for compensation so they can look forward to a future in which their needs, arising from avoidable injuries will be met.
Through her years of practice, Endurance appreciates that going through a claims process can be challenging for both claimants and their families.
Qualifying in 1995, Endurance has been a member of the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Panel since 1999 and is ranked as a Band 1 practitioner for Clinical Negligence in Chambers & Partners 2022 directory, as well as being named as a Leading Individual in her field in the Legal 500 2022 directory.
Chambers & Partner 2022 stated; “Endurance Arthur is an extremely good lawyer, widely acknowledged for her noteworthy experience in complex catastrophic brain injury claims stemming from birth mismanagement and negligence." With a client saying, "Her guidance, advice, reassurance and kindness helped us so much through an extremely difficult time."
Knowledgeable across a broad range of cases such as, Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy, cauda equina and spinal injury, acquired brain injury claims, gynaecology claims and claims arising from infection, such as sepsis, and encephalitis. Endurance has developed particular expertise in birth claims such as Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy and Group B Strep and in cauda equina claims.
Working within a team of very skilled and dedicated lawyers, Endurance strives to get the best outcome for our clients whilst maintaining principles of decency and humanity. In the course of her work, she is privileged to work with some of the best Counsel and medical experts in the field of medical negligence.
Endurance also works with charities and pressure groups such as the Erb’s Palsy Group and Cauda Equina Syndrome Association who are striving to improve standards of care for patients and to reduce the number of avoidable injuries within the healthcare system.
In addition to her work with clients, Endurance set up the firm’s CSR committee, which she has chaired since 2010. In that time Tozers have raised funds for and assisted many local charities. Outside of the firm, she is a director in a local athletics club.
- Endurance achieved a record settlement of £19.92 million pounds for a 9 year old girl who suffered cerebral palsy as a result of a mismanaged birth.
- In an extremely complicated claim, Endurance also achieved a settlement of £2.9 million for the additional brain damage a 13 year old client suffered because of a 10 minute avoidable delay in her birth.
- Despite the loss of the obstetric records, Endurance achieved damages of £1.326 million including future proofed payments for a young woman who sustained a severe brachial plexus palsy during her birth.
- Endurance obtained a settlement of £664,000 for a claimant with pre-existing mobility and urinary problems, who suffered Cauda equina syndrome because of delayed diagnosis and treatment.
- Endurance obtained 7-figure damages settlements for several of the children who suffered brain injuries because of substandard surgical care at the Bristol Royal Infirmary.