Amy is a Partner & Solicitor at Tozers and leads our specialist Planning team as well as working as part of our award-winning Parks team. Recently recognised in the 2024 Legal 500 directory, Amy and her team were ranked as a 'Leading Firm' for their top-rated planning work.
"I have built a long and professional relationship with Amy Cater, whose knowledge on planning matters is enviable. Nothing is too much trouble for her, and her commitment is second to none."
Since starting at Tozers Amy has grown the firm’s Planning team, advising on a diverse range of planning matters, working alongside caravan park and leisure businesses, residential developers, private individuals, local authorities, and wildlife trusts. She is a member of the UK Environmental Law Association.
Amy qualified in 2007 and has over 15 years’ experience in both the public sector and private practice having worked as a planning solicitor in a local authority for several years and having previously trained at a leading law firm in London. This broad experience on ‘both sides of the fence’ provides Amy with an ability to navigate the intricacies of the planning system and local government administrative law.
Amy advises on a broad range of planning and licensing matters across England and Wales, including both contentious and non-contentious work.
- Certificate of lawfulness applications and appeals
- Enforcement notice appeals and advice
- Judicial Review and Statutory Review
- Section 106 obligations for commercial and residential developments including affordable housing
- Preparing planning applications and planning appeals
- Wildlife and Habitats including Biodiversity Net Gain and Conservation Covenants
- Advice on Community Infrastructure Levy
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Footpath diversions and Highway Agreements
- Caravan Site licensing advice and appeals
- Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing
- Statutory Nuisance
Amy edits Butterworths Planning Law Service on the subject of Caravans and is joint editor of the Mobile Homes, Caravans and Campsites section of the Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents alongside Managing Partner, Paul Kelly.