Kelly joined Tozers in 2013 working within Tozers’ award-winning Parks team as a paralegal, before completing her training contract with the firm, and qualifying as a Solicitor in 2018.
Whilst Kelly provides advice and assistance with a wide range of planning, licensing, and Local Government matters, her particular specialisms include advising local authorities on section 106 agreements and on the development of residential and holiday caravan parks.
With more than 9 years’ experience, Kelly advises residential and holiday parks on a broad range of matters including;
- preparing planning applications to increase the number of caravans/mobile homes permitted on a park, to extend the holiday season or for a warden’s caravan.
- applying for certificates of lawfulness for existing and proposed use with the view to increasing numbers of caravans permitted on the park.
- advising on caravan site licensing.
With her developed specialism in planning and licensing, Kelly is also best placed to support clients with the legal processes involved with:
- preparing planning applications and certificates of lawful use applications.
- preparing objections to planning applications.
- drafting and negotiating Section 106 Agreements including affordable housing, open space and financial contributions.
- advising on the application of the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- appeals of planning applications, certificates of lawful use applications or enforcement notices.
- advising on enforcement action.
- advising on and preparing applications for alcohol and entertainment licensing.
Kelly also regularly undertakes planning work for a number of other departments at Tozers including the award-winning Parks Team in the purchase of residential and holiday caravan parks, the Company and Commercial Team in share purchases and commercial leases and purchases, the Residential Property Team in residential purchases, and the Social Housing Team in the purchase and development of affordable housing.