Kelly is a Solicitor specialising in planning, licensing and local Government work. Her role is focused on supporting clients navigate the legal processes involved with:
- preparing planning applications and certificates of lawful use applications;
- preparing objections to planning applications;
- drafting and negotiating Section 106 Agreements including affordable housing, open space and financial contributions;
- advising on the application of the Community Infrastructure Levy;
- appeals of planning applications, certificates of lawful use applications or enforcement notices;
- advising on enforcement action; and
- advising on and preparing applications for alcohol and entertainment licensing.
Kelly also has a particular specialism in advising owners of holiday and residential parks in planning and licensing applications. Her specific support includes:
- preparing planning applications to increase the number of caravans/mobile homes permitted on a park, to extend the holiday season or for a warden’s caravan;
- applying for certificates of lawfulness for existing and proposed use with the view to increasing numbers of caravans permitted on the park; and
- advising on caravan site licensing.
Kelly joined Tozers in 2013 working within Tozers’ award winning Parks team as a paralegal, before completing her training contract with the firm, and qualifying as a Solicitor in 2018.